View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Yes sara I agree!!! But the answer to solve addiction is simple:
Dont pick up and dont use.
Just as recently as this summer I fooled myself, my spouse and my family into believing I had a disease. I really thought I was incapable of making the choice not to use. That just is a lie from the devil.
I still have cravings every day. I still want heroin.
I choose not to. I dont think a few extra brain cells makes it a disease.

A good friend of mne told me that some people hide behind their vows. I think thats true. I think I hide behind mine.
I dont think that a spouse should have to divorce their active addict, but I dont think they have to live with them either.
If D does well during his prison sentence, I still dont want him to come home. I find out a week from thursday how many years he will be gone. I still want him to go back to the SA or Teen Challenge when he gets out. I cant imagine having to live in that chaos again. Maybe after 6-12 months rehab I will want us to be in separate apartments again.
I cant believe I maried the kid maybe I will divorce him while he is in... but if I dont. He needs to be sober 2 years on the outside before he can come home.
I know it seems like forever. I miss him. But it just is what it is.
I can be a nun in the meantime. I mean me and jesus have been hanging out this last month or two and hes a really sweet guy =] so loving and kind.... hahahaha