View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
courtneykay

Story of success

Hey everyone

It has been probably over a month since I have been on here, and for good reasons. I just want to share with you all how my journey has been going. For those of you who aren't familiar with my story, I was in a relationship with an addict. I was in love, and naive. I was codependent, and depressed. I was so desperate. So upset. To the point where I physically harmed myself and wound up in the hospital with stitches.

Looking back, at just a month ago, it was such a dark time in my life. At the time I didn't think things would EVER get better. When my xabf left for rehab yet again, I didn't think I could live without him. But here I am. Happier than I have ever been.

I started college, moved into the dorm, and have made a lot of great, loyal, friends to lean on. I'm doing great in school, staying involved, and generally staying healthy and active.

I just want to thank everyone for your support and care, and the tough love you all gave me. I know I still have a long way to go on this journey. But I have come such a long way, and I have all of you to thank for that.

Hugs
Courtney