View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
phoenix299

Thanks so much for your post. I can completely relate to the "tired" and "no energy" feelings. I've actually been quite surprised at just how tired I've been since I stopped. I exercise 5x a week (weights and cardio) but I feel stuck in this fog.

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
I think part of the issue is not just the lowering of inhibitions with alcohol, but also the low lever craving without. Lots of folks complain about being "tired" or "having no energy" in early recovery and this is because they don't have the nervous energy and anxiety associated with "craving". This craving feeling sometimes makes us feel more "driven" including sexually as a way to satisfy the craving for alcohol. Having been a binge drinker I would find that after overcoming the initial illness after a binge I would become for a period of time on edge. Sex was a predominate obsession and physical urge. I attribute this to part of the secondary withdrawal. It will balance out eventually and things will be normal. You may not "crave" sex, but have a healthy sexual outlook. Exercise does wonders for everything. This will get us quicker to where we need to be and help keep us there IMHO.