View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
flujays

Originally Posted by Bebetter View Post
Hi all,
I feel like this isn't even a question, more just to get it off my shoulders. I'm 90 days sober, and lately, I realize I get into a really bad mood before parties. I know I'm not going to drink - it's completely off the table for me, but right now, I'm just super pissy as we are hosting a party in an hour. I had to send my family away on errands so I could be alone. I don't even know what to do with myself to break my mood. I think it's my social anxiety, and you might say, "then why are you throwing a party??" but social times are important to me - they are mostly rewarding while and after they happen, but the lead up time is yuck for me. I anticipate the stupid questions about my lack of drinking, and I often feel uncomfortable in larger groups - like it's overwhelming.
I'm just feeling down right now, and a little out of control over my feelings...

Thanks for being here...

Earlier today i read a post somewhere on this board where someone suggested that we should get angry with alcohol and stop looking at it as a pleasure and start looking at it like a toxic poison that will destroy us if we let it. I thought that sounded like a great suggestion so I'm going to try it... maybe you could too... Alcohol is your deadly enemy, not your friend. good luck!