View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
befuddled1

mixed bag of emotions

IHi this is my first post, apology as sure there are many similar - I guess I need to vent. I have been with my alcoholic boyfriend for 14 months which is not long but long enough to make me want to find support and vent! Brief history - have k5 year old daughter from ex husband who I still am on quite good terms with. Boyfriend has 2 girls similar age to my girl and get on well. We're not living together but he has stayed here a couple weeks then gone back his and recently stayed here to do home detox. He drank straight after detox as went back his despite Dr, support worker and myself advising him to stay at mine a little longer. He is goin to see a cognitive behaviour therapist who I am unsure if is aware he is drinking. Things came to a head yesterday as my boyfriend has avoided spending time with me at all for a week now as he is (still) :-/ working on a project - this is true but he is dragging out how long it's taking him as he is drinking again. He has never been physically abusive or nasty with words yet the emotional neglect iv felt and still am is awful. Plus he tries to twist things so it's always my choice he doesn't come over etc. Yesterday I caught him out big style about not wanting to see me and have had enough. I called time excuse the pun) on the relationship, informed his mother who I get on well with and feel a mixture of relief, regret, sadness, elation yet still worry he will do more harm and I wonder if I should or could have been more patient or understanding around the recent relapse? Any comments or advice welcome. Ps I didn't realise he was an alcoholic (functioning) until 5 months into relationship
Thanks all :-)