View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Twofish

Hi, Sorry it was me that suggested girt cards. My AD children are young, and I'm new at how to handle the money thing while they are in college. I never thought that gift cards could be traded for drugs...? It's a hard call, I didn't mean to give bad advice but it has worked so far with my AD's. this is a tough one for me. I hate funding their habits, hence the cards, I have learned not to give them cash. So if anyone has any suggestions for me, besides don't give them any money, I would welcome the input. The older AD is in college, it's her last semester, she needs to eat, rent is ridiculous, utilities, you get the point. She is almost graduated, she does work 20+ hrs a week ( not paid) as an internship, ha she works for the DA drug testing clients in the deferred prosecution program, how ironic, how odd? She's a tough cookie and can't be fooled easily. How she can work with addicts, being an active addict herself, is beyond me. But they like her, know of her addictions, know she is seeking therapy and sobriety, so they gave her the chance. Bt I do fund her education (I know what everyone is thinking, the buck stops at graduation in December, ok? Fair enough?) the younger AD helps me around the house, cleaning, walking the dogs, etc. I never give her money, she doesn't need any. She lives in my house, eats for free, etc. again, I'm sorry about the gift card suggestion, am I forgiven? Have a peaceful Friday morning jjj111 and all the SR family! TF