View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jjj111

Sister cancels detox...

I may be jumping to conclusions, but I think maybe my sister is backing out of her plan to go to rapid detox in a week. We mostly keep in touch by e-mail and Facebook, but I noticed that she wasn't posting at all last week, and today I wrote her to ask if she is still planning to go and wishing her a relatively painless detox, and she read my e-mail and hasn't written back. (It's kind of too much info how FB tells you when someone reads your e-mail!)

Anyway, I'm kind of a mess now. I told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up about this, but I guess I kind of did. I want so much for her to make a change. She and I were so close as kids, we really took care of each other when my parents were too drunk, and as the big sister, I especially took on that mothering role to her. Anyway, I love her a lot and this is a bummer.

I am also worried for her young child. When my sister told me she was planning a detox, she also mentioned that her child's father has been using and she wants him to stop, too. I feel so bad for this kid. I hoped that she was going to detox and things would change, but now I'm left trying to figure out again whether I can help him or whether I just have to detach from the situation. Ugh.