View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bostonsportsfan

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
I did not know how fatal withdrawal could be when I made the decision that 'enough was enough' that I was going to die no matter what and I wanted to die sober.

Once my BAC dropped to .38 I went into seizures in the waiting room of the ER. They spent all day working on me. I would seizure long enough that my heart would stop, they would get my heart started and within a short time I would start to seizure again.

This went on from approximately 8 in the morning until 4:28 pm when after almost a 1/2 hour of trying to get my heart started AGAIN, the ER doctor called it and was writing the TOD on my chart, and .............................. my heart started on its own.

I can never STRESS enough how dangerous detox from alcohol can be, and always that a person check with their doctor or go to an ER and not try to do it 'cold turkey' on their own.

Yes, maybe my case was a 'severe' one because I drank so hard and long, however, I have seen others go into seizures with lower BAC than I had.

In my mind, having seen so many problems arise in those trying to 'cold turkey' over these many years, I can only say once again, DO NOT TRY TO COLD TURKEY, go see your Dr or go to the ER.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
This post right here makes me wonder about the path I was on. You had withdrawal seizures when your BAC was .38?