Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
flujays

Originally Posted by Serenity1972 View Post
fluyays - I primarily use this site to help keep me sober. I also suggest googling Rational Recovery/AVRT (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique). I also use the HALT method (I ask myself if I am Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired). These tools have helped me tremendously in my recovery so far. I have been sober for almost 2 months which is huge for me since I drank in excess every damn weekend or holiday for the past 8 years. (I drank enough on the weekends to last me until the next weekend bender). There are many methods of recovery though. Look around and choose one that works for you. Wishing you well in sobriety.
hi serenity, thanks for your reply. I have been trying AVRT... made a big plan and all... read the book, but i let the beast win and it shattered my confidence in avrt and now i feel like a failure and don't know whether its worth making another big plan now or waiting till i have a couple of sober weeks under my belt and then trying it again. have you made a big plan? how did it work for you? I havent been drinking every day and i don't drink in the mornings, usually after i collect the kids from school is when i start, but sometimes before. AA is not my cup of tea, its not that I don't know i need help, but i need something that is manageable and works for me. I have great confidence in SR as long as i don't let my beast stop me from getting on here if you know what i mean. I have to be vigilant in coming to SR even when i think i don't need it because that's probably when i need it most.