Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DagnyTaggart

Thumbs up Finally

Long time lurker, first time poster (with the intention of sticking around). Today, I went in for an assessment at an alcohol treatment facility and was admitted to an outpatient program. Starting tomorrow, I will be going 3x a week for 3 hours a session. This decision was a loooong time coming. I have abused my mind, body and self-esteem for close to 10 years and I am DONE.

I hate this drug and I want it out of my life forever. For me, there is no "safe" amount of consumption. I am an addict and I am WORN OUT. I am tired of driving around town tossing out bottles, the potty problems, the constant health worries, the not answering the phone after 5pm, pretending to remember conversations, knowing my bartender knows I am an alcoholic, and on and on and on.

I am praying for strength and plan to come back here often. I will let you know my progress in out patient, as I know many will be curious. I am a heavy drinker (2 bottles of wine a few times a week), but selected outpatient because I have responsibilities as a care taker. Now, it's time to take care of ME.

Pray for me.