View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dshonwood

I appreciate everyones honesty. I completely understand where everyone is coming from and hope I can take that information and turn it into something positive for my recovery.

Yes, I did choose to put up with it for one reason or another, that is on me and me only i can see ( I am guessing for the children - she had 2 from a previous marriage and we have 2 together). Maybe I felt as if I would have been abandoning them if I left the AGF as we work opposite schedules.... she is home during the day and works nights, so during those hard times I was the primary caregiver for homework, dinner, baths, etc... in the evenings after my job.

I did try to make some Al Anon meetings in the beginning but got very discouraged as every meeting I could find was about 40 women over the age 55-70. Dont get me wrong they were very sweet and considerate, but i felt i could not relate to them and they could not relate to my generation as well. Hopefully I can find others in my area that can relate to my generation. (I am 42 and AGF is 36)

Again, I really appreciate all of your comments!