Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

You're welcome!
Just keep doing what you're doing. Keep that strong sense of self and separation from the crazy stuff and people from affecting how you feel about yourself. That's the healthiness I could see shining through.
They're nuts! Sometimes really does apply, judgmental as it may be. If we don't look at it as nuts, then we have to question our own sanity, don't we? And there would be the real setting ourselves off-balance and down into the hellish rabbit hole of despair.

I read your post and thought well humph! What am I going to do with that? She's not dysfunctional enough, she didn't give me enough ammunition to work with! I think I'll move along, not respond, and find a post where I can point out the crazies!
Then I thought about it just a second more. Realized your sanity needs to be pointed out and highlighted! You deserve affirmation for the steps you've taken to protect your sane sense of self. Hold onto it dearly, this world will rip it out from under you if you let it.
And your mom...I understand. 6 years of crying if you spoke about her means you felt your honest feelings. Nothing wrong with that, everything right with that.