Old 09-23-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GracieLou

You have a lot to offer.

I will have six months tomorrow. I am on step eight. I have had people ask me to chair and even lead and I was like WOAH, How can I talk about the 12 steps if I have not even completed them all. I felt the same way you did. Basically I was scared and I still am. I thought I had until a year to worry about such things.

My first was a secretary. I stamp and sign the court ordered/treatment center papers. WHAT? Put my signature on a piece of paper for the world to see? WOAH, Hold the phone. I was told I could make it messy so that people could not really read it. And I tried this, it was like trying to control my drinking, I could not do it. My signature is not the best but you can read it. Now I just sign them.

Then I was asked to chair. WOAH again. I mean there is a script to read and it is our BB meeting which only reads the preamble but still. Okay, I did that, today will be my third time. Okay, that has gotten easier.

Next month comes the biggie. I was asked to chair again but this time it is a mini-lead/topic followed by discussion. I had to find people to bring the lead/topics. Of course I had to have a five week month!!! This was pretty intimidating. I have to ask people to speak. I have to keep track and I have to make the calls to remind them. DOUBLE WOAH!

To be part of the solution and to give back is has helped me a lot. It is scary but I know this is just another growing pain.

It is just like the first time I read the preamble, How it works or the 24 hour book. I was scared and I messed up the words but I did it and now it is no big deal at all.