View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
IOnlyAteAValium

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
Hello. I can relate to you with the kids. I struggle with alcohol addiction and it is so very hard. They don't see me drunk. I hide it. But the day after my "mommy mode" is pitifully decreased.They are 2, 3, and 9. The stress of being home with them all day leads me to drink, but they are my biggest joy in life and I enjoy them sooo much more when I'm sober, so it doesn't make sense.
Hey ArcticSA, how ya doin today? I made it through yesterday (just), now have the aches all over but have resisted the move back to opiates in any way. Was up through the night last night reading some interesting posts about going to the pharmacy just to buy something opposed to trying to fill an script or complaining of back aches to obtain a large packet of Codeine OTC. I was quite inspired so decided to do so to buy something 'normal' which was felt good (not to be in the prescription queue at least . So really good things come from just reading these posts. Hope you're staying strong. And being new to this, I'm not sure if you'll get this automatically?? Maybe you need to be subscribed to this post but we'll see.

Anyways, hope all are well. Another 4 days of significant aches and pains I reckon then long term planning may well be the key.

Keep in touch - I'd like to hear of other success stories and I rather fancy you will be one. rgds.