View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lando45

Life is good, but for how long?

So it's been 6 weeks that I have been sober. I have conquered a few fears like attending work functions that have a ton of alcohol. I've traveled for business an entire week while attending a conference that's more like spring break by myself. I also attended a concert with an open bar. All while staying completely sober and totally enjoyed myself. I had a plan for everything and stuck to it. My relationship with my wife is unbelievable and we are laughing and loving each other as if we first met. My attention span with my children had taken a turn for the best and I'm completely entrenched in everything they do. I am on such a high right now that sometimes I feel like screaming with joy. But does this last? Will I always be this strong? I'm curious to know if this is a common phase of a bing drinking alcoholic in recovery? I told my wife that the choice is easy when it comes to alcohol because the reward out ways the risk ten fold! The joy and happiness seems to good and easy to be true. I don't want to come off as bragging but I need to share this feeling. I can only assume that the answer to my questions is a simple as my tag line states.