Thread: hi friends
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kidA

hi friends

wanted to introduce myself here. i've been a daily drinker for about 4 years, and withdrawal symptons have just become unbearable. (lying in bed miserable for 2 days, tremors, itching, paranoia, nausea, depression, kidney aches) not to mention my psychological addiction to pot, which is just about as easy to obtain here in LA as alcohol. this time it's gone too far.

fun story. last week, i was passed out drunk at 2 in the afternoon. i was blocking my roommates car and moved it. blackout and 6 hours later can't find the keys after 5 minutes of searching my filthy room. i decide to give up on my search and put it off for a full week, taking the bus and cab to get to work. when i sobered up and started my search again, sure enough- keys were in the front seat of my car.

i'm a week sober now, (my record was 25 days in June) but this time I finally got the courage and attended AA. Don't have a sponsor yet, and I'll admit, is a little weird given I'm an atheist (though I know it's not about that) but I'm going all in 90 for 90 this time. What are 3 months of my life that might save it vs. more of the same hamster wheel?

Anyway should be posting here and there.