View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Malgudy
Malgudy - SS - 31-Aug-2013

I was exactly in the same situation from past year, thinking I needed to get my life back together as alcohol was slowing becoming more of a priority over other important things. What I find is that ..Abstinence from alcohol is the way forward. May be a few days he will not feel all that great (Depending on how much he had been drinking and for how long). I drank minimum four beers every night and a bottle of whiskey 2 nights per week. I went to work hungover pretty much all the time I can think of. I know how he feels at work. I did not consult anyone i.e AA. I stopped after the last drink I had on 30-Aug-2013. The job I do has become more interesting than ever before..managing staff has never been this easier for me and all that joy has come back in my day to day life...love for music, food, doing simple things. If you have already started to talk about his drinking problem, you are on a right track. Reading posts here is an absolute inspiration. Also AA can help a lot if he needs it. I got inspired by one of my favourite actors Matthew Perry. I am sure he will do it, also a lot of videos on YouTube. i.e.. 30 great reasons to quit drinking.....Keep coming back to this forum whenever you can... Thanks for sharing your experience.