Thread: Miracles Happen
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LuLu13

Miracles Happen

Hi all, I am on day 60. I do not post often but read all of the time. I care about all of you and am invested in your recovery efforts. I do not post much because, since I am new to sobriety, I feel as though I have no right. I can give you the gruesome details of my detox if you would like :-)

I just wanted to share how quickly things can turnaround. I lost my job 27 months ago, not due to drinking. My drinking did, however, escalate quickly until I became an all day drunk. I basically pissed away over two years of my life and most of my money. Like many drunks I ignored my financial statements. When I had been sober for 49 days I received an email from my financial advisor telling me I was broke, I had one more mortgage payment left. I freaked out and went into overdrive sending out resumes. Long story short I just landed a job and it was the one I wanted. The pay and benefits are great. They are treating me as though I have been there five years based on my experience. I do not know how I got so lucky but I am very, very thankful.

I have loved sobriety since the start, I am joyful everyday and this is just the icing on the cake. I am so pleased that the old me, the productive member of society, is back.

Even though I do not post much please know that each one of you has helped me and that SR has been a true blessing in my life.