View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
misspond

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Does your understanding change if you realize that 'This can be the road I walk down' instead? This is something you can do, the ability is within you. You can say goodbye and good riddance to this. For good.
Yes it does Freshstart. Even to the point of, "This is the road I will walk now."

I think an even bigger "click" was in understanding why everyone here at SR continues to support those of us who listen to the AV and go back to the DOC when we claim to be trying so hard not to. Yes, there are times when people are questioned more sternly about what plans they are making to create changes for themselves, but there was a point last week where I was getting tired about how many times people fail and come back only to be greeted by "Welcome! Now try again!" This had happened before - I joined here in March, did pretty well and then gave in to my AV because my AV told me to ignore all of the support here, that it was pointless. I wasn't in control of my AV then.

Those who have achieved it, or who are working hard to achieve it, or who are trying so very hard to achieve are all here to support everyone else. Whether or not those supportive people prescribe to the idea of the AV they welcome back and support everyone none-the-less. And that is the most awesome thing about this forum and the people that inhabit it, and that was the bigger "click" for me x