View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AlefVavResh

Originally Posted by Bubblygirl View Post
I had my first night without any alcohol 3 nights ago. The last night off before that was 3 months ago. I thought I could just stick with it but I did not. This has been me for years and yet my husband is still here putting up with this. He is patient, waiting for me to be 'ready' to stop. Like a lot of opinions you hear about, he thinks that I can maybe just 'control' it.

I know that is not going to happen (like everyone here i hope?) I feel like I'm ready but I'm just scared. I've done this for so long but I am really over it. It's like being a mouse on a wheel where I'm doing the same thing over & over and I'm just tired of it and want off. I'm done. I am ready to say goodbye to drinking (just scared, like I said) the plan is to have another night without any alcohol tonight & then try again tomorrow but not to overwhelm myself with thinking about weeks/months from now.
Very nicely put. I love the mouse on a wheel image. . . . And I agree. As far as I'm concerned - moderation? - never gonna happen . . . You've got an awesome one-day-at-a-time mindset. When you feel like drinking, just visit SR. Read and read. I spend most of my first week here, doing the bare minimum at work. Welcome!