Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DragynLady

So I did it. I got some sleep (a whole five hours) and woke up this morning. The girls were already up and dressed; I let him take them to school. He knew what was coming; last night he slept on the couch.

I asked him to leave. I told him I would keep buying his meds, and keep minutes on his cell phone, until he can find a job and pay for them himself. He left on foot, to head to his best friend's job (about half a mile away.) I don't know where he'll end up tonight. I would say I don't care, but I do. But that's not my responsibility anymore. Right now, I have to take care of my children, and me.

I'm sad. Maybe a little in shock; I've cried a little, but not like I would have expected. I'm just so damn tired now. This has taken everything I have, and I cried myself out a long time ago.

I hope he recovers. I'll let him know with the long-term care facility calls, and hopefully he'll be going (I think he has to at this point, what else does he have?). But now, this is all him. I'll support him, love him, however he can, but now he has to do the work. I can't.