Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heropon

Intro

Hi, my name is Megan I am 29 and I am currently a student at VCU. I really never thought it would go this far or be this bad. I started drinking pretty heavily from 07 to 09 when I was in the Navy. When I say heavily I mean I was in the Navy and my shipmates couldn't handle my drinking. I went a good 3 years where I didn't drink to often but got extremely drunk when I did. Then in October of last year I had my first panick attack in over 10 years. Talking to people became a horrifying experience and eye contact was impossible. Then I started to drink waay more often, it wasn't long until I realized that my alcoholisem was actually exasperating my anxiety. I couldn't stop though, I would come home humiliated and exhausted and drink until I passed out. My anxiety became so bad I couldn't even look my friends in the eye without a wave of panick and terror sweeping over me. Fastforward a few months and it was summer I was running out of money and couldn't get a job because I would shake untrollably during an interview. Soooo I became homeless... Met some transient people and found a whole knew extreme in alcoholisem. I was hallucinating and couldn't eat. Luckily I have my G.I bill and I am living on that right now. My last drink was two weeks ago. I feel so much better, no panick attacks, no uncontrollable shaking! But I have reliad on alcohol as a social tool that I feel lost without it. So I came to this sight looking for support.