View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
winnie1202

Ending after 25 years

Some good, some bad but the alcoholism always there. It started getting really bad about 3 years ago. Before that he was considered a heavy drinker. I knew better but ignored it like so many. Detox, rehab, detox and multiple visits to hospital with BAC insanely high (most people would have been dead). Has kept his job despite all of this. He went to AA but infrequently. There were times that he said he went but found out he didn't. He informed me today that he wanted to split up and that he was done with AA. This was after he drank so much yesterday when I was out for the day that he fell against the porch railing, broke a six foot section and fell 3 feet to the ground with new hip. I saw the blood on the railing when I pulled up and knew right away it was alcohol related. Huge contusion on stomach and arm. Hip ok.

It's time. I'm tired and I need to be able to come home and not to tense up when I see his car. To have the "drunk" antannae up and sniff the air before I see him sprawled on the couch. To not have to clean up after drunk messes.

The idea of dismantling a house filled with 20 years of stuff just brings me to tears.

How did you do it?