Thread: Plz help
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
longbeachone

Why the hesitation about going to AA? There is a reason that this organization has been around for so many years. I know that there is debate over which form of treatment works best, but at this stage of your drinking, you need to take the baby step of trying one meeting out. It's not a bunch of old men, smoking and grumbling. There are lots of different kinds of meetings. There is one near me that is for people who use music to share, and its almost all young people (mainly college age guys) with guitars, and its just amazing. There are meetings with artists, young moms, singles. For years I went to a meeting after dropping off my boys at school at 8am on the beach. We brought beach chairs, coffee, food. I loved that meeting, especially during the winter, when the ocean is so beautiful.

There are so many gifts at these meetings. Hearing others share. Learning new things that help the process. Meeting people who are going through the same thing. And it's free, and they are held everywhere. Why not give up one hour of your life, trying something that has the potential to push you in the right direction? I hope you just think about it.