Thread: Plz help
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MrDavid

Question

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
Welcome prab. You should have at least a rough plan. Are you physically dependent on alcohol? If so, you should have a medical detox so that you can withdrawal with some safety. According to a site that came up with a Google search, there are AA meetings in New Delhi, would you be interested in AA?

You may want to check out the Newcomers forum and commit to the "Class of September" thread. That particular thread contains posts by people who have committed to quitting this month. The posters to the thread support and encourage each other. It's a good start.

There are also online meetings of AA. There are also other recovery methods such as SMART and AVRT (Google those terms for more info).

Most of all keep posting and reading here; SR is a wealth of information and encouragement.
I agree: We have so many avenues to choose from. There are traditional outlets, like A.A. -which I have to say works for me, to more alternative methods like A.V.R.T, S.M.A.R.T. or even online forums like S.R. All it really takes is a commitment, a plan of action, and of course some much needed willpower. From there, it's a learning process. I hope you make that commitment.