Thread: Bored
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Room1

Bored

Boredom and stress are probably my biggest triggers, so I need to find something to do during the day. The problem is I rarely leave the house as I have a near 3 year old who has social communication difficulties (most likely Autism but no official diagnosis yet) and taking her anywhere usually results in major stress and its just easier to stay home, but I get so bored. My daughter is still non verbal at the moment and playing with her can also become tiresome as she is also very repetitive and without the communication it's hard to find new things to play/do. She often quite happily entertains herself so I spend a lot of time doing nothing.

I read a lot, but their is only so many hours a day I can read before I've had enough of that. I also used to play online games but I find these tend to bore me lately.

So I need a hobby or something cause the boredom is just about driving me crazy but no idea what I can do either with my daughter or while she is entertaining herself.

She has started pre school for two mornings, so hopefully I will have some me time soon but at the moment the school are not coping to well and I have been getting a phone call after about an hour after dropping her off and I have to go back and help them with her.

So anyway, my question really, does anybody have any ideas of what I can do to keep boredom at bay, anybody else in a similar position?