View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

I'm pretty proud of myself for setting boundaries and keeping them. I'm grateful for my life and working a program to help better this one precious life I was given is probably the best thing for me. I'm really going to start focusing on the step study. I think because I am also an ex-addict (4 years sober minus a few slips but right back on track) I of course make the mistake and think i'm cured. I think i'm caught somewhere in the trap of being an ex-addict and codependent at the same time.
I also tell myself that i'm not as bad as him. I would never use IV drugs... blah blah blah. Yet, I was addicted to alcohol, xtasy, cocaine, marijuana, vicodin... and whatever else came across the table once or a few times. I quit once I got pregnant with my daughter 8 years ago. After I had her, it was still marijuana, and vicodin up until 4 years ago. I didn't use a program but just decided enough was enough. I weened off the vicodin with suboxin for the last time.. and swore to never turn back.
I guess we all have our issues. I just need to really finally get to the root of all my issues. I'm glad that someone will understand. I hate being looked at like "less-then" when I tell people I use to have a problem. No one really knew! I was able to keep it a secret... because my parents and family basically live in the country "denial".
Thanks for listening.