Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

For me, when anxiety seems to just hang around, I know I'm already into using whatever justifications which are keeping those anxious feelings in play. So, I give up on the idea that I'm being transparent with myself, and get down to working on taking a good hard look at my fears of whatever. The other thing I do is admit to myself that my peace of mind is valuable and important to me, and I don't want it wasted on fear-based anxiety.

Fear-based anxiety is defined for me as anxiety which I can't readily source out and attach to current affairs - where as just feeling anxious about say things that I know are happening, but I'm not entirely sure of the end results - say like estimated car or house repair final costs - or health concerns too.

So, if I can't shed myself of just feeling anxious, I get serious about taking inventory of myself and my justifications based on my playing with my fears. Fears are something we all have, without exception, we all have experience with fears. Being brave and facing our fears is important. Being afraid while we search ourselves seeking the source of our fears is just being human, and its nothing personal worth getting bent out of shape about.

If these kind of feelings had you drinking about them in you past, and they are the most uncomfortable of kinds for you to experience , then perhaps a more transparent way of appreciating yourself may help you to more effectively deal with your anxious feelings while still being happily sober.

Perhaps its time to bring all that generalised vagueness experiences out into the bright light of reason and consideration so as to be done with them bothering you while moving forward with your sober living.