View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CFDMama

Thank you both for your posts. As much reading as I've done on the boards in the last month and a half, I haven't seen much about anyone battling with their families over the A and codie's future - though I'm sure it does happen.

My family is extremely close and my mom has been my best friend as I've become and adult. It's hard not to take what she says into account, but the negativity it brings is just making things harder and harder for me.

As far as welfare and daycare vouchers - I don't qualify, unfortunately. I am looking into a job posting for a position that is closer to home and for a significantly higher payrate that what I am currently getting - which I'm actually quite qualified for, I think. I guess all I can do is try.

I know this doesn't have all that much to do with AB, but I guess I'm just praying that someday everyone can get along, if we really do go forward with rebuilding our life together. I'm not willing to let go of my family, but I do believe that there need to be some boundaries. As I am codependent with AB, my mother is codependent with me and I wish there was a way for me to show her that and for her to stop saying things that make it seem like all of her happiness depends on me. She told me today that she needs peace and in order for her to achieve that, she needs me to be settled.

It's exhausting!

Thanks again for your input. I sincerely appreciate every word.