View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KeepinItReal

I'm trying to take it day by day and not think so much into the future. However, I know he's trying to "not-be-addicted". I play the disease card.
Now that we are separated again, and at least for the next 1.5 years I have to deal with the kids myself, 100% of the time. I know that i'm going to stick around and support him through his recovery. As long as he's trying to get better i'm going to be a friend for him to lean on. My real question is... how can I explain what's going on to my kids in a way that they will understand?
I have been telling them that he's sick and he has to go away and not live with us until he gets better. It doesn't make them miss him any less.
I just hope my guilt subsides. I know many members would think i'm doing the wrong thing staying married and putting myself through this. I guess i'm just going to have to go through this and learn for myself. I'm too hard headed.
I realize my addict isn't different from other addicts. I know my relationship isn't "special". However, i'm not ready to leave him. I'm just not.
I would like to add, that I know time will help the kids feel better. I'm also not sitting around crying about it.
(((((((((((((421))))))))))))))))))