Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I'm trying to do the right things, I called his main doctor on Saturday after the talk with them, told him all of it, and they were still planning to visit on Sunday. He asked I come with them so we could all meet and talk. He said they had no right to be angry or project their disappointment on him. My husbands an adult, he was approved to leave for the weekend, he went home to his wife, he used, he came back. Case closed. Their emotions were not to be dumped on him, they were no where in the weekend events and didnt need to jump in now. He told them to yell at him if they wanted, he approved the visit, sticks by that decision, and it will be used as a learning event. If they felt different then it would be best if they didn't visit with him. So they sucked it up and had their visit. The doctor told me he didn't want me involved in it, so I didn't get to see him at all.

He told me he wants me to have a weekly counseling session, and he would like to have a weekly family session with both of us.

He said with me, it is different. He understood I asked my husband if there was anything hidden at home, I would dispose of it -he lied. He hid his use all weekend, put on a pretense, threatened to leave rehab with expectation of coming home to me, and I had a voice. But also said I needed to learn some things because I was out of line in some things I said, and he doesn't want certain patterns to develop between us.

I am leaving work early to get there in time for our first family session. Driving there and back is no fun during the work week.

I am editing to add again: I have been reading over the last few weeks and not posting but I have learned a lot. And I have a good support in my family but they dont know any more than I do about drugs and addiction, and I have so many great friends and they have been here all the time, sometimes too much. But they dont know much about drug addiction either. I mean one has a boyfriend who we all think drinks a little too much, but none of us think he is truly an alcoholic. Some of my friends have used drugs but no one has admitted iv use, and no one has a real problem, most of it is all in the past for them. That is why it sort of helps to read here even though sometimes its hard, but I need some different voices in my ear that have no reason to sugar coat it like they see it for fear ruining a friendship, or whatever. I guess Im saying I realize I need all the help I can get right now, and I appreciate that your here and even bothering. I had never used a message board before that day I found you when I was waiting in the hospital. Im probably not a great member cant contribute much to anyone but maybe someday.

Last edited by BlueChair; 09-09-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: to add more