Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Florence

Just keep going. See the suicidal manipulation stuff as what it is. He can't tell people outright that he's miserable and hates his life so he pulls these crazy antics so they rush to him and help him out, leaving him helpless to help himself until he DOES IT AGAIN.

I filed for divorce while my AH was still in rehab -- it was rehab #4, granted -- and I called him and his parents to say I was sorry but I wasn't going to keep going in this direction. Since then they have all but cut me and my son out and go on like nothing's wrong, like my AH isn't 35 and living in his parents house with no job prospects and sponging off their wealth and in danger of losing rights to their only granddaughter. If anything I'm shocked at how LITTLE changed. Something in me thought he might wake up after I filed for divorce -- I've never said that before! -- but it didn't. He's still selfish, manipulative, avoidant, and shallow.

Be sad, but be sad for yourself. Don't hold back because this is imperfect timing on HIS timeline. Do what you need to do, then be very kind to yourself.