View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
warrens

Hah! Sorry for the gender mixup. Not the first time for that assumption.

That said, your BAC at the time was even more dangerous...for a female.

Minimizing and justifying were my favorite pastimes. I was an athlete as well and the ravages were more to my spirit and character. I was terminally unique.

I am interested only in your healing, could care less about anything else. Having tried almost everything else, my path is now one that millions have found life saving.

My point had nothing to do with method however, only with the seriousness of the struggle. And we must be willing to do ANYTHING to recover. The disease is that serious. Cunning, baffling, powerful. In my case, I needed to surrender completely. My will was not strong enough.

For millions of us, the obsession is lifted. I hope it happens for you as well. You could never have convinced me that life could be this good without alcohol.

This is an equal opportunity disease, taking down rich, poor, PhD's and poets and plumbers. It does not discriminate.

34 days is wonderful! 35 days is even better. It doesn't matter how many days, we all need to get up in the morning and say "I can do the next 24 hours."

Joy,

Warren