Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aug2513

First post

Hi everyone. I'm on day 14 now. I have been lurking the entire time and thank everyone who has posted. I quit two weeks ago after a very bad 36 hours of nailing bottles of cheap 5 dollar vodka. I've been building up to this quit for about two years and my heavy problem drinking has been going on for about six years with a few failed attempts to quit. This quit seems different-more along the lines of I know why I want to stop and opposed to I have to stop. That's making a big difference for me.

The first 5 days were a fog. I couldn't sleep the first few nights, then the sugar craving hit. Last night was the first night without ice cream, but I did eat 6 donuts-I'm calling it "doughnut supper". Every night my sleep improves just a little bit-I'm still foggy but not nearly as bad. My stomach is finally starting to calm down after two weeks-and I am going to the doctor tomorrow to find out if I have any damage from all this alcohol abuse.

Again, thanks to everyone that posts. I get up every morning and comb through the site to start the day off aware of what's going on.