Thread: Booze in food
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Badga

Booze in food

Well, one week in and it feels good. Being on SR is really helping as is reading about AVRT, which sits well with me in terms of how I want to tackle my drinking problem. However, I wonder what folks on SR think about booze in food. By that I mean things like chocolate liqueurs, Bailey's ice cream, sherry trifle, mince pies with brandy butter, etc. Foods where alcohol adds flavour and is not cooked out.

I am a bit conflicted here as to eat food items such as these is, in effect, letting alcohol pass ones lips. On the other hand I feel that I would be OK eating these if someone offered them as my mind views them as food items, rather than a 'drink'.

The reason I ask is that my partner has bought me a bottle of Limoncello for my birthday, prior to my stopping drinking. His attitude is, oh well, let's make some Limoncello ice cream (I absolutely love lemon flavoured desserts).

I am not sure how I feel about the prospect of letting alcohol-containing food pass my lips. Whilst I feel that it would not be something that would trigger my urge to drink alcohol, I am a bit conflicted about 'breaking my duck'.

Btw - I am still using mouthwash that contains alcohol and this does not act as a tigger.

Any thoughts or experiences anyone?