View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ACH32

Pushing through today

I signed up today because I need all the support I can get right now. I went into to detox on 8/4 because my drinking was out of control and dangerous to my health. My blood alcohol level was .319 and because my tolerance was so high I didn't even seem drunk. Anyway, 34 days sober and I'm finishing up outpatient on Monday. I've worked full time and went to IOP 3 nights a week. There have been hard days/cravings/emotions all of that. I pushed through it all and feel A LOT better. I'm posting today because the last 3 days of work have triggered me beyond belief. Our company is firing a ton of people and I'm in sales so high stress anyway. I got threatened along with a lot of other people. Friday, our new boss fired all the higher ups. I'm walking on pins and needles and yesterday around 4:40pm I wanted a drink so bad it made me cry. To battle work and this addiction head on is been making me crave the last few days. I'm fighting it just not sure how to stop it because I know it will pass because it has the last few times. I guess I'm just needing to say that yesterday and today has been super tough and all I can think about is how a drink will make this stress/craving go away. I won't drink, I'll fight it but just wanted to express that I'm just trying to get through today hoping that tomorrow will be better.

Pray for me.....