View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
"Sad for those who don't understand"
(from the Original Post)

I will not deny it. I really... really... really am sad for those that don't understand. Those that think not-drinking is the end-all to sobriety, really... really... really don't get it.
Yes, this is a valid real experience you are sharing, Boleo. And others too share with you in agreement. However, no matter how many are in agreement, it still does not become more important then any individuals choice to have chosen a different way and make exactly the same claim for themselves as those who claim a spiritual sobriety - that is that they too are awesomely happy, and successful, and fulfilled, and, and, and...

Let's get truthful here - being sad for others is a choice made and is not in any ways related to the right of the others to make different choices for themselves. Be sad if you must, but that is YOUR choice, Boleo.

For me, having had spiritual awakenings and experiences, I'm of a different opinion - I do not feel sadness for those who openly made different choices to become sober. I do feel sadness for those who don't become sober, of course. Otherwise, if they are happy with their efforts and results, who am I to take them to task?