View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Celticgirl

Checking In - Third Weekend Sober

Hey, all. Today's my 18th day without drinking. This is the longest I've ever gone since I was pregnant 13 years ago. I've struggled a here and there, but like everybody says, ride out the cravings and they soon will pass. Loading up on lots of mocktails, reading, keeping busy, and surprisingly, they DO pass. It really am taking it one day at a time, though. Sometimes it's one minute at a time.

Going to an early dinner with my husband, son, and one of my son's friends. My son told his dad the other day that he's so happy that we're not drinking. He wants to spend more time with us now. I'm really cherishing that because in a few short years he'll be out of high school and gone. I feel like I need to take advantage of every chance I have to be with my children and to show them that even though I've made mistakes that I am trying my hardest to be a better person and a better example.

Weekends were always the toughest, but I'm happy to say this is my third sober Saturday. It's wonderful to wake up early without a hangover and actually do something productive. Just started reading Drinking: A Love Story and am finding it completely riveting. And scary.

Thanks for all the support on these boards. It's really, really helpful.