View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
duane1
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

SnoozyQ, I am 15 month's sober. The warning shot that lead me to quitting was my liver. I was getting pains in my liver every time I took a drink for 2 months before I quit. Your liver is still functioning. It just can no longer take the abuse you were putting it through. First thing first as you should know is that your drinking days are done if you want to live. For me, this was a very good thing. It changed everything for me. When drinking isn't an option anymore, it just made it much easier to quit and stay quit.
Second, there are supplements out there that can support your liver. Research them. I take a supplement out there called Super Milk Thistle. I know you are going to think this is crazy, but I started taking this supplement after I saw what a dramatic difference it made for my dog when he was diagnosed with liver disease. My dog was puking up his food every day and didn't have much longer to live. My vet had him on many supplements, but they weren't doing much for him. His liver counts were off the charts. Within 2 weeks of taking Super Milk Thistle, all of his liver numbers had gone back to normal. It was remarkable. He ended up living another 5 years . (I know, I know it is a dog. However, I came across the supplement while researching my own alcoholism. Stupidly enough, I never started taking it till after I quit. Please research this supplement).
3rd is you need to start eating healthy. You need to start living healthy. Less processed food. More whole food/fruits and vegetable. Exercise! Even if it's just walking. You need to get food moving in and out of your body quicker so that it taxes your liver less.
This is not a death sentence. This is a life sentence. You need to go 180 degrees in the other direction. In 15 months, I have lived more and participated in life more than I had in the previous 15 years. This is not an end. It is a beginning!