Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Unhappy He shot up in his closet while home on rehab pass

Well I cant even post correctly today, went to the wrong place and had to delete it, sure that is not proper cause I couldnt delete the whole thread.
anyway, I think you guys are where ive been posting....

My husband was home from rehab over the weekend and then he had to go back on Tuesday. His parents had plans to go out of town and we didn’t tell them he was coming home. He was afraid they would cancel their plans and we honestly wanted to spend time alone at home together. I told my parents, and we did go visit them but that was it. He was with me the whole weekend, didn’t leave the house alone, or talk to anyone. We had an amazing weekend.

He went back to rehab like he was supposed to no arguments, but I get a call later in the morning from the advisor saying he had failed a drug test. They asked him if he wanted to continue with the program and he said yes, so they have rules that say he had to be kept isolated from the other patients for 48 hours and then would be reevaluated. The counselor said the patients are sensitive and it was their rule, so he agreed and was confined to his room except for counseling sessions. His room is nice and so I mean it wasn’t torture or anything. My husband didnt call me, I don’t think he had any idea they would.

Wednesday I get a call from the advisor saying he is threatening to leave, and had cursed them all out. They couldn’t stop him from leaving, and asked that I talk to him. I was told to stay calm, but I lost it. I told him I knew he tested positive for drugs, he had them hidden somewhere at home and used and lied to me the whole weekend. I called him a coward, told him I was angry, disappointed, feeling so betrayed that if he did not stay in rehab and if he came home, I would leave, I would not stay with him. I couldn’t go through one more time of his going missing, worrying that he was dead only to find out he was fading in and out using drugs for days in some trashy house. I told him he wouldn’t be able to work because his boss wont let him come back unless he finishes rehab. I yelled at him for yelling at the people there and told him he was acting like a jerk because they were there to help him. He tells me the drugs were hidden in the closet and he remembered he put them there after the first time he came home from being missing. He admitted to sitting in the closet and injecting while I was there in another room. A grown man sitting in his closet shooting up drugs. I told him I was disgusted by him, he was sick and I cant stay, I cant watch him destroy his life. I yelled and cried and it was awful. He said he was sorry a million times, and cried too. He said he would stay, begged me not to leave, give him a chance. And please don’t tell his parents. He doesn’t get it I don’t think. It is not about his parents reaction, it is about him walking in the door to our home, sitting in the closet shooting up drugs. I have to tell his parents now. His dad has been working so hard to get him out of this legal mess he is in, and for what? So he can come home and ruin it all again? I have been reading here, not posting, I know its up to him to do this. He is the only one who can. But what is wrong with him? Why is this so hard? He had only been using a few months, why is it so hard? It hurts so much.
Am I wrong in telling his parents? I know they will be angry and worry, and probably angry at me for even letting him leave rehab and come home. I could have said no, but I wanted to spend time alone with him, and I thought because the rehab approved it, then it was ok. The counselor said not to get so upset, that this can be dealt with and the important thing is he stays there so they can keep working with him. For now he is there still, and Im relieved but it has been one thing after another since he got there. Is it always this hard? I have an appointment with the counselor for myself again next week. I didn’t go this week. I told him before we hung up that I cant talk to him again for a few days, and I asked him not to call, to let me call him next. He called only once and said just that he loves me and misses me. Im so angry. I wasn’t angry at first but now I am. I hate all this.

what I didnt add to the other post was Im so angry at myself for losing my temper and yelling at him so bad. I feel horrible, and been crying over how I could say some of the stuff I said to him. I know we all get angry, but I was hateful and mean to him.