View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
abwvu1

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
So iam newly single after a 6 year relationship I met her drunk in a bar lol in fact I have met most my exes in bars or clubs etc.. I know it's a stupid thing to be thinking as my priority is staying sober. But iam worried I will find it hard to meet someone new now iam staying sober iam only 30 so most singles are out in bars pubs etc or is that just my alcoholic brain talking...
Given my many replases in my late 20s -early 30s it is not stupid at all to think your #1 priority is to stay sober.

Let me tell you something brother (goin Hulkamania here haha) I live in a college town surrounded by pretty young things in their short shorts and yoga pants. Christ, I work in an office inside a freshman dorm.

I'm 33 and single. It's hell. But guess what, you will not find a suitable girl inside a bar or clubs. Doin that route will find you and closest people in unfavorable situations with unfavorable people.

Keep the faith. If you are real inside and out sober you will find someone who will love you for you.

Trust me on that.