View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lookinfareason

Looking for advice

It's not a coincidence that I ended up here. I have a parent that has never admitted to abusing alcohol and now in my adult life I find myself in love with one. Where to start? There have been so many reasons for me to close the door on this relationship and only one to stay. I love this man more than I should. We broke up and I moved out two years ago and really tried to move on. I'm not sure if its guilt, or love that keeps me going back or sheer insanity. For the most part I only see him three times a month because I refuse to let him near my daughter. I only considered it this past weekend as he told me in March he was done with drinking. I'm moving in dour days and he offered to help. Two nights he didn't show and then ramdomly burst through my door sat night. Angry and drunk he accused me of being in another relationship. He told me I was a lying ***** and even worse than that. What caused this was he almost hit my landlords car and he came out and called him someone else's name. Since then I've been called every name in the book and what's worse is he never apologized but called me this morning to tell me he was sick from drinking. I moved out because he physically harmed me once or twice while drunk. I feel if I choose to ignore him no one will help him but I obviously cannot have a relationship with this man. I have turned away new friends isolated myself and I'm sad everyday. I used to say it was like having two children when we were together. Luckily he never exposed his behavior to my little one. I don't know how I ever could. It's so lonely this life with him. I mentioned AA. He won't do it. I told him I started therapy to deal with this and he told me I was a joke and needed it! The sad thing is I've watched him cry over his drinking. Wishing he could stop. I stopped enabling him by leaving and refusing to drink myself even socially. I never know which version of him I will get and I have lost my faith on love and hope. Do I stay or do I go now?