View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by Victoria74 View Post
Croissant, I think I actually was going to drink more but fooled myself by saying one is ok, I knew deep down I canīt handle it. Somehow allowed myself to slip. Not really sure why, as I was feeling so great, was starting to sleep ok, excersising and enjoying my days so much.
A bit scared now, how will I avoid this in the future?
Oh, ok, thanks for sharing, Victoria. I just wondered because I have this fear in the back of my mind I will start drinking....that my mind will somehow trick me that it's ok. I know we are all different, but I know I need to be realistic about how to avoid drinking....if that makes sense?

On the flip side, even though you feel bad about taking a drink, I feel bad that I haven't relapsed and wonder if its going to sneak up on me. Sorry, that's a long explanation about why I asked.

Please don't feel like you've failed, maybe write down a letter to yourself describing how you feel now and save it for weeks to come when you feel tempted?

Hugs and wishing you that sober feel-good feeling soon. Damn annoying that money can't buy it....we actually have to do the time! xx