Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suncatcher

Working on no contact with ex alcoholic boyfriend

Hi, it has been a while since I posted and just wanted to update. I have been pretty much no contact for the last several months. My ex alcoholic boyfriend has not been contacting me either. At first, this bothered me but I am not sure why. I guess I wanted him to beg my forgiveness and want me back to some degree but I realize that is a no win situation for both of us. I have stopped feeling sorry for myself and sorry for him. In fact my emotions have all been exhausted. I no longer feel sad, mad or empty. I sometimes find myself missing his friendship though. I find that I am more content and have more peace of mind now that he is out of my life. I still sometimes think of him and hope he is ok. My best friend, who is also his sister in law tells me he looks terrible when she sees him. That makes me sad but I know there is nothing more I can do to help him. I am moving on with my life and hope the best for him. Does anyone else go through these emotions after seperating from their alcoholic? One day you feel great and glad you are not with them, then other days you feel sad and miss them terribly? I suppose it is normal and part of the process. Thank you for letting me vent my feelings on here, it has been so helpful to post here and read other posts by people going through the same thing.