Thread: 8 month blues
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
YepYepYep

Smile

Yes...this is very normal. Google "Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome," AKA PAWS. It is common, and it sounds like that's what you're dealing with. I am under it's raunchy spell every now and again myself.

Furthermore, I agree with some of the precepts that are at the core of AA philosophy, but spiritual healing used solely on its own accord is only an aspect of recovery. Do not assume that that there is only one side to getting, and staying sober. Biochemistry is a HUGE part of getting better, back to normal....getting balanced. Stay in touch with God, Higher Power, etc., meditate, pray, do all of that which maintains spiritual sobriety, but remember to take care of your biological needs too. Stay active to keep your stress level at a minimum, take St. John's Wort (if your doc is good with that) to help level out the depressive and uneven emotions that come with new(ish)-found sobriety. And, very importantly.........remember to take everything you do slowly. Be easy on yourself. We all have bad days and weeks. You are doing a great job. Keep it up! Stay sober! Things will improve as time flows on!