Thread: new
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 05:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Debbie
I used to work here ;)

Hi Debra

Welcome to the forum (and welcome to everyone else!! )

Your situation sounds a bit like mine. My A has done rehab a number of times, lied about the drinking while he was still doing rehab, the usual quacking. I have just recently learned I cannot do anything about what he does. I cannot control his drinking, he will do what he wants to do. I don't agree with it and I am very vocal about it when he is sober and that maybe wrong but its the way I am.

I pretty much control the finances here and he willingly hands over any money he gets but he always manages to find money when he wants to drink.

So what am I trying to say, I work on me now. It doesn't mean I don't worry about him and I pray all the time that when he doesn't drink, that this is the time he will stay sober for good. But my main concern is me now. I do things that are good for me and worry about me. I am number one and I need some peace in my life. I still don't know how I've lived with it this long but since finding these boards and reading books and going to a meeting here and there, I am learning to think about my recovery and live my life the best way I can and be happy.

Think about you Debra.

Take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie