View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Did someone in this thread insist that the only path is AA?

Maybe instead of trying to insist that everyone would benefit from one path to recovery if they just really tried, we should be glad that there are so many roads to recovery---all of which work for some people. The fact that no one has to depend on just one technique for recovery but can find one that is the best for him or her is a great thing.
I'm sincerely confused. From the words "we should be glad" you and I are spot on the same page. The post point is the lack of understanding of AA and the statements that are made. I get what you mean by the Our Father comment but if I choose to not recite that prayer at the end of the meeting, or to alter it to fit my needs no one's going to boot me out of AA. I can take what I want and leave the rest at the door. There is no rule that you must recite the prayer.

In totality and every post aside that's been done so far there's one thing that's certain. Anytime that you hear a member discussing the good that comes from the program and what it's done for them it results in posts that imply that all and any posts about AA are an attempt to shove the program down people's throats. That isn't what this thread is about. If someone has no interest in AA and feels that way why do they even bother to post a reply in a thread that's regarding the same?

I am saying this with the utmost respect that you are entitled to have your own opinion about AA. Why the fight to prove what's said as being wrong?