View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Fernaceman
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by miamifella View Post
Maybe instead of trying to insist that everyone would benefit from one path to recovery if they just really tried, we should be glad that there are so many roads to recovery---all of which work for some people. The fact that no one has to depend on just one technique for recovery but can find one that is the best for him or her is a great thing.
It would be extremely dishonest of me to say I was not guilty of my bias to AA and my perceived view of lack of effort by others to achieve results. It's definitely something I struggle with, but you make some good points. However, my view came from my own lack effort put forth, not getting any results, throwing my hands up, and drinking/drugging again before I "tried" another recovery program.

Then I decided to give it a shot and "work the steps" to see what would happen. And it worked. AA, as such, is therefore the only program I really have given a try. I guess I should be more grateful that I found something that works a lot easier than others in this struggle we all have in common.

I'm glad you found something that works, miami. More power to ya!