View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Thanks LadyBlue for starting this thread. I fear however that the only people who will get it are those who have already gotten it. My hope is that perhaps a few will be encouraged to find out for themselves.
I agree with this, and I agree with you too, LadyBlue.

I am very thankful for AA in connecting me to my HP and early on I wanted to shout it out off the rooftops. I wished all the alcoholics (and even non-alcoholics) could get on the same page and experience such a thing. But there are those even in the rooms who aren't there and may never get there. While part of me wishes they would "get" it, I am not God and cannot play God. I can only do His will and carry the message and describe what the program has done for me, but I don't choose who "gets" it or not. I was ready for AA and the Creator long before I got into the rooms. So I didn't have the struggles that many did in balking at the program and fighting it. I bought in right at the gate. I had no choice...I was going to die sooner, rather than later. I was desperate.

For those who struggle with the program and/or the concept of God as we understood Him or who have contempt prior to investigation or don't see AA the way we "see" it - so be it. I can only share what has worked for me, discuss the solution and try and be the best example of an AA member within and outside the rooms, but other than that, it's out of my hands. A bigger and better One will take care of everything else. For me today, I can only be grateful for all of this.