Thread: I am back
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Renarde, I changed up my diet a few weeks ago, but was already lower on the carb consumption. But, like with the drinking, I fail at times. But, I have given up wheat for now, and most grain, but for some gluten free crackers and quinoa I have only modest amounts. I think I feel better. I should not have felt as good as I did today, after drinking last night, frankly. I think I have had more energy. They say it is similar to kicking addiction, and you can get the brain fog, and all of it. I was a grouch for a good week.

Here we go again! Now I will have a grouchy week from giving up my wine. My poor kids! Getting grumpy now, because I want a drink. Hubby is 3 beers in. And a cold brew would taste good in the absence of any wine in the house. But not going to do it. I have lost a few pounds the last weeks and beer will only ruin that, and not good for my blood sugar. I have a good book I have been reading and new Amazon Prime membership with movies and TV series. will find stuff to keep me busy.